This is a 10-item quiz to help you prepare for the real-life CNA exam. Analyze clinical scenarios and determine the best answer based on your knowledge and skills. Certified nursing assistants who take CNA practice tests like this are more likely to pass the real exam. The familiarity with the style of questions will help nursing aides earn that coveted NNAAP or CNA certification.
Certification boosts your credentials and brighten up your career prospects. You will also have gained that trust of the public that you are capable in caring for patients and residents of hospitals, nursing homes and long-term care facilities. Continue reading “CNA Practice Tests”
Nowadays, being a CNA or a certified assistant/aide is one of the rising and promising careers globally, most especially in Western countries. The demand for certified nursing assistants started with the nearing retirement age of the baby boomers during the historical World War II. Because of this, more nursing homes were established to cater the increasing needs for these elderly people in need of care. This leads to the opening of many job opportunities for CNAs. But to become a certified nursing assistant, you need to enroll yourself in a CNA training course, whether in an actual school or online. But that’s not the end. You need to overcome the hardest stage to finally be a CNA that is by passing the CNA Exam where you intend to practice your profession. The exam typically consists of two parts: written and clinical. The written part tests your knowledge, skills and understanding of your prospective career while the clinical part involves demonstrating the basic skills supposedly mastered by a CNA. Are you now ready to take plunge?
Here are the 6 guidelines to achieving success in CNA examination
- Before committing yourself to take the exam, you should feel all ready to take the exam. Do not take the exam just because you felt the need to. It won’t work that way. You should be determined, inspired, motivated, and very willing to prepare yourself physically, emotionally and intellectually for the exam. If you are, then go! Keep in mind that if you start your journey for the CNA exam right, you’ll have a greater possibility of ending it successfully.
- Prepare yourself well for the last battle. Determine your own special way on how effective learning can take place. Is studying better for you in the morning, afternoon or evening? Do you need complete music or you need soft music playing in the background? Listen to your body and soul. Give in to your cravings before it controls you so that you can concentrate on your studying. Eat well and sleep adequately to function better and to fuel your brain. And allot enough time for studying. Remember that diligently reviewing and practicing for the exam will reap good results.
- For the written part of the exam, review relevant materials such as books and modules to stock the necessary knowledge not just for the exam, but also for your job soon. Don’t just read, but understand what you’re studying. If there’s a need to memorize, do a mnemonics or whatever it is that is effective for you. Don’t stress yourself by trying to memorize the whole book because you’ll never do. Just do your best to retain what you’ve learned. Accept that you cannot learn everything, but you can learn what’s necessary for you to pass the exam.
- For the clinical part of the exam, watch videos of the basic skills you need to know. Imitate what you are watching, demonstrate it in front of a family member or friend, and if possible, practice it in an actual clinical setting with your classmate for a more realistic approach to re-learning the skills.
- For written exam, try to answer sample tests for CNA. It will not only help you get ready to answer the exam proper, but it will also let you know the weak areas where you need to study more. For the clinical part, you can try to volunteer in an actual health facility to practice and master skills necessary to become a full pledged CNA.
- Lastly, be confident! Trust that you have what it takes to get that certification. Never doubt yourself. Just believe that you can make it, especially since you’ve prepared well to take this final step. If you think you can do it, then you will!